Go ahead, take a vacation from worrying about damaging water leaks. We’ve added Emergency Contacts to the Flume app to help make sure your property is protected even when you’re not home.
When Away Mode is active, Flume will forward text or email alerts to friends or neighbors who can check your home and shut your water off if there’s a problem – all without you ever touching your phone. Now that’s peace of mind, from Flume.
Here’s how to set it up:
- Open the Flume app tap the menu icon in the top left corner and then tap Settings.
- Tap the Shared Access option in the left menu.
- Look for the Emergency Contacts heading, and tap Add
- Enter a name for your contact, and either an email address or a phone number
- Save your contact (Flume will let your contact know they’ve been added)
- Toggle Away Mode on or off from Shared Access or from the Dashboard.
It’s that easy!
When Away Mode is active, Leak Notifications will also be sent to your emergency contacts so they can take immediate action if there’s an issue with your water.
Emergency Contacts don’t need the Flume app installed, and they won’t have access to your account or see your water use data.
So add a couple of people who have you covered while you enjoy some well deserved downtime. And let them know you’re also happy to return the favor and be their Emergency Contact once they get their own Flume Smart Water System installed.