COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONThe PII Flume may collect is used to deliver Flume Products and Services to You. PII is used for User identification and authentication, for billing, for notification of policy updates, and to respond to customer support inquiries. The information Flume gathers from Users enables us to personalize and improve our Services, and allows our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to personalize your experience on the Website. When You register for use of a Flume Product and/or Service, You may be asked for PII such as your name, address, email address, and/or phone number. Flume does not knowingly collect PII of users who are under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. If You are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any information about yourself to us. No one under age 13 may provide any PII to us. In the event that we learn that we have collected PII from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as soon as possible. Please do not allow your child under the age of 13 to submit any PII to Flume. If You become aware that we may have received such information, contact us immediately and we will delete it.
INFORMATION FLUME COLLECTS FROM USERS OF THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES:
Website Data Collection:Flume collects information when You use the Website. We collect PII You provide to us. For example, we collect your name, email address, and other information You provide via the Website when You submit inquiries or request more information about our Products and Services. When You visit our Website, some information is automatically collected. For example, when You visit our Website your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website You visited before our site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity of the Website.
Information for Product Purchase:We also collect PII about the purchase and delivery of Flume Products. This includes your email address, billing and shipping address, and (optionally) your phone number. Credit card information is not collected by Flume and is processed by a third party.
Product Data:The Flume water sensor collects detailed data about user water usage and temperature from the water meter where the sensor is installed. The sensor collects data to detect leaks and abnormalities, and transfers the data to the Flume software application through the Flume Bridge Unit connected to your private home or business Wi-Fi network. This data helps Flume track water usage patterns and to create projections about future patterns of water usage. The aggregated information may be stored on the Flume secure servers indefinitely. The Flume Software Application collects various data during setup and in the course of product usage. Flume tracks Application usage to monitor user experience and for improving the Flume Software Application.
Service Data:Flume collects data during the course of customer support to monitor User experience and for improving Flume support practices. We track application usage information to monitor User experience, and we collect crash and error information for improving Application experience.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY PROVIDE TO FLUME:
- When You register for an account on our Website or Application (“Account”), we will collect your name, your home address, your email address, username, and password as part of the registration process.
- We will optionally collect the information You provide us about your watering zone characteristics, watering schedules, and/or watering zones, and associate them with your Account.
- You must tell us where your Product has been installed (e.g. by providing the state and zip code and/or geo-coordinates), we may store and use that information to provide You with location-based Services.
- Flume collects location data and optionally household information (e.g. number of residents) from users (but not through Products) to improve water usage comparisons.
- When You order Products or Services on our Website, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, billing information and shipping information. Our third party payment processor may also collect your credit card information and billing information in order to process your transaction. We currently use Stripe, Inc. (https://stripe.com) for online payments. We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the applicable data security and privacy policies for such information, please refer to Stripe’s terms at: https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
- If You provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send You a reply.
- When You post messages on the message boards on our Website, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- When You participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information based on the answers You provide.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY:Flume receives and stores certain information automatically when You use our Products or Services.
- Log File Information. We automatically collect server log information including your IP address, cookie information, browser and/or mobile device information, operating system, timestamps, the pages You request, and the actions and path You take on the Website. Generally, we use this information, to better understand how visitors to our Website use the Website and to make improvements to our Website navigation and Services.
- Product Registration. We also collect information such as your Product’s version and registration number, if You contact us via email regarding support for the Product and Services
- Usage Information. We automatically collect information from the Website, Product, Application, and Services, related to your use. We use this data to Improve our Services.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if You have downloaded our Application, such as the features and functions of the Application You use, and time spent using certain features. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how You use the Application and information about the type of device You use.
- Location Information. We ask You to enable location services on your mobile device only for the purpose of connecting the Flume Product to your WiFi. We do not use this information for any other purpose.
FLUME USES YOUR PII IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
- to deliver and to provide Flume Products and Services requested by You, the User;
- to create and secure your Account on our network, if You choose to open an account;
- to identify You as a User in the Flume network system;
- to send You administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- to provide You comparative household water usage information in relation to other users;
- to send alerts that You have selected and enabled (e.g. alerts regarding suspected water leaks);
- to send You newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to Flume Products and Services and for other marketing purposes. You may unsubscribe to these at any time; and
- to create anonymous data records excluding certain information that makes data personally identifiable to You. We may use this anonymous data to understand how users access the Website so we can make the Website accessible to as many users as possible, and to improve the Services. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and to share this data with third parties, including our partners so that they may provide You with optimal online opportunities and to improve Flume’s Products and Services.
HOW FLUME SHARES PERSONAL INFORMATIONFlume shares your PII as described below:
- Shared Access Features. Our Services may allow users to share certain administrative or operative features and functions of their Account and Product (“Shared Access Features”) with other users.
- Service Providers: We may share your personal information with third party service providers who have a need to know your information in order for such service providers to: perform tasks on our behalf, conduct quality assurance testing, to facilitate the creation of accounts, to provide technical support and to perform other services for the Company.
- User Profiles: In order to enable users of the Services to learn from and share their experiences in using our Products, such as watering schedules for similar climates, certain portions of the user profile information You provide to us, including your name, location, and any videos or images in your profile (“Profile”) may be displayed to other users of the Services. Your Account privacy settings may allow You to limit which users can see the information in your Profile. Please remember that any content You upload to your public user Profile, along with any personal information or content that You voluntarily disclose in your Profile may be collected and used by others.
- Public Posts. When You post messages or comments or upload images or videos to the public areas of the Website, such as our message boards and comment sections, other users of the Services will be able to see the content of your post, as well as your username.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, the information collected from customers and end users may be one of the business assets that are transferred. As such, we may share some or all of your PII in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets (PII may also be transferred as a business asset). If another company acquires Flume, its business or assets, that company will possess the PII collected and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your PII as set forth in this Policy.
- With Your Consent: We will share your personal information in accordance with your elections, for example, Flume may share PII and other information collected through your use of the Flume Products and Services with your insurance company or water utility when You authorize such sharing.
- After Your Account is Closed: If your account is closed by You or terminated for any reason, Flume may keep a copy of your PII for archival purposes, and in case of any litigation to which it might be relevant.
WHAT PII CAN BE ACCESSED BY THE USER:Flume allows You to access, update and delete the following information in your Account:
- Real name
- Account and user profile information;
- User email address
- Username and password; and
- User preferences
UPDATING INFORMATION:You may keep your registration information current by utilizing the options in the Flume software application. If You wish to change or update any of your PII and are unable to do so, please contact us.
SECURITY:The security of your PII is important to Flume. We have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and/or alteration of all PII under control by Flume. Flume follows generally accepted industry practices to protect the PII submitted to Flume, both during transmission and after receipt. Flume will use trusted third parties to process payment information and Flume will only work with those entities that adhere to all applicable security requirements in accordance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information. Although Flume cannot guarantee absolute security, we strive to protect your PII by using the latest commercially available security measures. Accounts are protected by a password selected by You for your privacy and security. You are solely responsible for ensuring that there is no unauthorized access to your password. If You have any questions about security on our Site, You can email us at the address below.
OPT-OUT ANY TIME:If You choose to sign up for our newsletter or any other communication from us, You may change your communication preferences or unsubscribe from future electronic mailings by clicking the preferences or unsubscribe link at the bottom of the e-mail. You can stop all collection of information by the Application by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device. If You would like to opt-out by other means, You can do so at any time by emailing: email@example.com. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your Account.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS:CA Civil Code §1798.83 (“Shine the Light” law), requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the business practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you wish to find out about any rights you may have under California Civil Code section 1798.83, you may want to read about it at https://www.donotsell.org/what-is-shine-the-light In compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Flume offers the two following options specific to California customers:
- OPT-OUT Although Flume does not share PII with third parties without consent, You may choose to Opt-Out of any sharing of your PII with any third party. If You have consented to a water monitoring program through your utility or insurance company, You may have to Opt-Out with that entity as well. You may Opt-Out by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- DELETE If You no longer wish to have your account information held by Flume, You may request that your PII regarding your account be deleted. Flume is obligated under the CCPA to verify that Your request is valid prior to deletion. If a request is verified, Your PII will be deleted within 45 days of a verified request. Following such deletion, Your account and services provided by Flume will no longer be available to You. You may request to Delete by contacting email@example.com