COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONThe PII Flume may collect is used to deliver Flume Products and Services to You and for the general operation and improvement of Flume Products. PII is used for User identification and authentication, for billing, for notification of policy updates, and to respond to customer support inquiries.The information Flume gathers from Users enables us to personalize and improve our Services, and allows our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to personalize your experience on the Website. When You register for use of a Flume Product and/or Service, You may be asked for PII such as your name, address, email address, and/or phone number. Flume does not knowingly collect PII of users who are under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. If You are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any information about yourself to us. No one under age 13 may provide any PII to us. In the event that we learn that we have collected PII from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as soon as possible. Please do not allow your child under the age of 13 to submit any PII to Flume. If You become aware that we may have received such information, contact us immediately and we will delete it.
INFORMATION FLUME COLLECTS FROM USERS OF THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES:
Website Data Collection:Flume collects information when You use the Website. We collect PII You provide to us. For example, we collect your name, email address, and other information You provide via the Website when You submit inquiries or request more information about our Products and Services. When You visit our Website, some information is automatically collected. For example, when You visit our Website your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website You visited before our site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity of the Website.
Information for Product Purchase:We also collect PII about the purchase and delivery of Flume Products. This includes your email address, billing and shipping address, and (optionally) your phone number. Credit card information is not collected by Flume and is processed by a third party.
Product Data:The Flume water sensor collects detailed data about user water usage and temperature from the water meter where the sensor is installed. The sensor collects data to detect leaks and abnormalities, and transfers the data to the Flume software application through the Flume Bridge Unit connected to your private home or business Wi-Fi network. This data helps Flume track water usage patterns and to create projections about future patterns of water usage. The aggregated information may be stored on the Flume secure servers indefinitely. The Flume Software Application collects various data during setup and in the course of product usage. Flume collects location data and optionally household information (e.g. number of residents) from users (but not through Products) to improve water usage comparisons. Flume tracks Application usage to monitor user experience and for improving the Flume Software Application.
Service Data:Flume collects data during the course of customer support to monitor User experience and for improving Flume support practices. We track application usage information to monitor User experience, and we collect crash and error information for improving Application experience.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY PROVIDE TO FLUME:
- When You register for an account on our Website or Application (“Account”), we will collect your name, your home address, your email address, username, and password as part of the registration process.
- We will optionally collect information You provide us about your watering zone characteristics, watering schedules, and/or watering zones, as well as, generic information about whether you have a pool, number of bathrooms, residents (etc.) and associate them with your Account.
- When You order Products or Services on our Website, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, billing information and shipping information. Our third party payment processor may also collect your credit card information and billing information in order to process your transaction. We currently use Stripe, Inc. (https://stripe.com) and Shopify (https://www.shopify.com), both e-commerce companies, for online payments. We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. For more information on how payments are handled, data security, and privacy policies for such information, please refer to Shopify’s terms at: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. and Stripe’s terms at: https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
- If You provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send You a reply.
- When You participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information based on the answers You provide.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY:Flume receives and stores certain information automatically when You use our Products or Services.
- Log File Information. We automatically collect server log information including your IP address, cookie information, browser and/or mobile device information, operating system, timestamps, the pages You request, and the actions and path You take on the Website. Generally, we use this information, to better understand how visitors to our Website use the Website and to make improvements to our Website navigation and Services.
- Product Registration. We also collect information such as your Product’s version and registration number, if You contact us via email regarding support for the Product and Services
- Usage Information. We automatically collect information from the Website, Product, Application, and Services, related to your use. We use this data to Improve our Services.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if You have downloaded our Application, such as the features and functions of the Application You use, and time spent using certain features. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how You use the Application and information about the type of device You use.
FLUME USES YOUR PII IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
- to deliver and to provide Flume Products and Services requested by You, the User;
- to create and secure your Account on our network, if You choose to open an account;
- to identify You as a User in the Flume network system;
- to send You administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- to provide You comparative household water usage information in relation to other users;
- to send alerts that You have selected and enabled (e.g. alerts regarding suspected water leaks);
- to send You newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to Flume Products and Services and for other marketing purposes. You may unsubscribe to these at any time; and
- to create anonymous data records excluding certain information that makes data personally identifiable to You. We may use this anonymous data to understand how users access the Website so we can make the Website accessible to as many users as possible, and to improve the Services. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and to share this data with third parties, including our partners so that they may provide You with optimal online opportunities and to improve Flume’s Products and Services.
HOW FLUME SHARES PERSONAL INFORMATIONFlume shares your PII as described below:
- Shared Access Features. Our Services may allow users to share certain administrative or operative features and functions of their Account and Product (“Shared Access Features”) with other users.
- Service Providers. We may share your PII with third party service providers who have a need to know to: perform tasks on our behalf, conduct quality assurance testing, to facilitate the creation of accounts, to provide technical support and to perform other services.
- Trusted Third Parties. We may share your PII in accordance with certain offerings, for example, Flume may share PII and other information collected through your use of the Flume Products and Services with your insurance company or water utility when such sharing is authorized by You by your participation.
- User Profiles: In order to enable users of the Services to learn from and share their experiences in using our Products, such as watering schedules for similar climates, may be displayed to other users of the Services. Please remember that any content You upload, along with any personal information or content that You voluntarily disclose may be collected and used by others.
- Public Posts. When You post messages or comments or upload images to the public areas of the Website, such as our message boards, other users will be able to see your post, as well as your username.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, the information collected from customers and end users may be one of the business assets that are transferred. As such, we may share some or all of your PII in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets (PII may also be transferred as a business asset). If another company acquires Flume, its business or assets, that company will possess the PII collected and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your PII as set forth in this Policy.
- After Your Account is Closed: If your account is closed by You or terminated for any reason, Flume may keep a copy of your PII for archival purposes, and in case of any litigation to which it might be relevant.
WHAT PII CAN BE ACCESSED BY THE USER:Flume allows You to access, update and delete the following information in your Account:
- Real name; Account and User profile information;
- Username; User e-mail address; and password;
- User preferences; and Location.