Date Posted - 01/2021
Business Development Manager
CompanyBefore Flume, homeowners had no means by which they could effectively measure their water use. Instead, they relied on monthly snapshots from their bill. Inspired by the cycle of drought in California and broad-based messages from utilities asking them to save water, Flume’s founders created a solution that gives homeowners real-time insights: the Flume Smart Water Monitor and app. Flume empowers homeowners with a DIY solution that offers minute-by-minute use information, leak detection, and personalized water budgets. Flume’s success with consumers has been noticed by water utilities, who faced by drought and increasingly unreliable water supplies are shifting their focus towards managing demand and end-use more thoughtfully.Flume collaborates with utilities to distribute the Flume Water Monitor to homeowners, while providing utilities an analytics and customer engagement platform that creates a more meaningful relationship between the utility and their customers, helps forecast demand, and optimizes utility economics.
Job DescriptionIf you are an emerging rock star in driving revenue in enterprise sales, come join the Flume Water team. You will be working with a close-knit team aimed at advancing Flume’s mission of empowering people and communities to understand how we use water by liberating and digitizing the data behind it. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated sales representative to work in collaboration with our revenue team to advance the distribution of our device through water utilities across the United States. As a Business Development Manager, you will create, develop, and nurture relationships with utilities, cities, and water providers and sell Flume distribution programs. This should be accomplished by identifying and qualifying new opportunities and managing accounts throughout the sales process, from developing prospecting processes through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support. This role will leverage established CRM and pipeline systems, while providing feedback and helping to improve and define opportunities to maximize growth and increase market share.The ideal candidate is a team player with 2-3 years of enterprise-sales experience and a successful sales track record. This role requires a self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills, ideally with some knowledge of the public utility sector and/or a passion for sustainability. Excellent negotiation and closing skills with prospective customers. Travel may be needed. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.Residence in California or Colorado is required.
- Serve as a key player on the Revenue team, developing scalable demand generation, facilitating a growing sales pipeline, and owning key performance indicators.
- Manage our internal CRM to cultivate and maintain effective relationships with decision-makers in regional key accounts.
- Serve as a key point of contact for water utility partners across the country, developing solutions based on the specific needs of the customer.
- Expand our database of key contacts and accounts.
- Facilitate coordinated outreach campaigns, phone calls, and other means of communication to build awareness, create relationships, and develop utility programs.
- Become a product expert on Flume’s ability to address numerous market challenges and learn Flume’s sales practices to help drive solutions.
- Work as an effective team player, collaborating across utility departments to achieve revenue goals.
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness at industry events.
- Accurately forecast sales opportunities on an ongoing basis while identifying inefficiencies and implementing improvements in our process.
- 2 years of sales experience, preferably in enterprise and selling to large strategic customers.
- Solid analytical skills including pipeline/forecast management.
- Empathetic listener and persuasive communicator
- Ability to effectively understand and articulate customer's business needs and key drivers.
- Proven ability to manage a complex sales process from initial customer contact through product delivery and post-sales support
- Competitive, resilient, and highly motivated
- A great attitude and love for teamwork
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO + Holidays
- Healthcare and other benefits